Recipe by mliss29
From Home Food Dehydrating by Jay and Shirley Bills. I haven't tried it yet, but I think it sounds yummy. Cooking time is actually sitting-in-the-fridge time.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Rather than use the food processor, I diced the dried fruits fairly small, then continued from there! Amazing how very tasty this compote is! Definitely something to do again & again & to give away as gifts during the winter holidays! Thanks for a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my raw food teammates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap II]
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried fig
- 1⁄2 cup prune
- 1⁄2 cup pitted dates
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the fruits quickly in cold water.
- Chop the fruits in a food processor and mix them in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and honey.
- Cover tightly and put in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. The fruits will soften and the flavors will blend.
- Can serve with cream or whipped cream (or a vegan or raw version.).