Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A fruit salad to serve with breakfast or for dessert when the fresh fruit isn't great. This one has a fantastic flavour with the rosewater and spices. Time include marinating time.
- 250 g stoned prunes
- 125 g dried apricots
- 125 g dried figs
- 125 g raisins
- 1⁄4 cup raw brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 strip orange zest
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 60 g toasted sliced almonds
- 30 g toasted pine nuts
- Put all fruits in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar and rosewater.
- Add water to cover and stir.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave fruits overnight in fridge.
- Transfer mixture to saucepan and add extra liquid to cover if needed.
- Tie coriander seeds in muslin and add to water with the orange zest.
- Bring to boil and then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and remove coriander seeds and stir in lemon juice.
- Serve warm or cold, sprinkled with almonds and pine nuts with yoghurt on the side.