Recipe by Charlotte J
Another recipe from Jean B. in Moorland. She brought it to my SIL when they had a wine tasting party this past Dec 07.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Used regular cream cheese for this, as well as Medjool dates & golden raisins! Also used half mild & half sharp cheddar cheese and pecans, all of which resulted in a GREAT TASTING cheese ball! Went together so easily & everyone thought it was OUTSTANDING! Many thanks for the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
- 2 (8 ounce) cream cheese, room temp
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄4 cup chopped apricot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped prune
- 1⁄4 cup chopped raisins
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- walnuts or pecans, to roll on outside of ball
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything together except nuts and roll into a ball.
- Roll cheese ball into chopped nuts (about 1 cup)of your choice, walnuts or pecans.
- Chill until ready to use.
- Jean said the recipe called for 1- 8 ounce pack of cream cheese but she likes to use 2.