Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
From "The Best Slow Cooker Cookbook Ever"
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed shredded zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well blended.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until mixed.
- Add the zucchini, walnuts, apricots, and raisins and blend well.
- Scrape the batter into a buttered 3 1/2-quart electric slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on the high heat setting 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the lid.
- Carefully, using potholders or mitts, remove the ceramic liner from the slow cooker and place on a rack.
- Sprinkle the brandy over the top and around the edges of the warm cake.
- Let stand until almost cool.
- To unmold, run a sharp knife around the inside edges of the cooker and with a large spatula, lift out the cake in one piece.
- Let cool completely.
- To store, wrap the cake well in plastic wrap and then in foil.
- Refrigerate up to 1 week or freeze up to 3 months.