Recipe by nadinep
I found this recipe in a magazine years ago and use a different combination of nuts and fruits every time I make it, but dried apricots and pistachio nuts work well here. You might need to adjust the baking and drying times, depending on your oven. Enjoy!
- 7 tablespoons flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 400 g mixed nuts and dried fruit (cut up but not too small)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add eggs, nuts and fruit.
- Mix well.
- Put into a greased loaf pan and bake on 180 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Cool and turn out of pan.
- Slice loaf as thinly as possible and layer on large oven tray.
- Reduce oven to low temperature and place tray in oven to dry out biscotti for approximately another 40 minutes.