Recipe by MarieRynr
This has a delicious sweet-tart flavour that is great with grilled or roasted meats, especially pork. Also a salad of spicy greens (rocket, etc.) and rich blue cheeses topped with this vinaigrette is downright exciting! Try it with Pork tenderloin, pounded thin, lightly breaded and browned for a special treat!
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped dried fig, plus
- 3 tablespoons finely diced dried figs
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons toasted black mustard seeds or 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 6 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the 1/2 cup of chopped figs with 1 cup of water and the shallots in a saucepan over hight heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender, add the apple juice and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and whisk in the thyme, mustard seeds, vinegar, olive oil and the 3 TBS of diced figs.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- If the dressing seems too thick, you can thin it with additional juice.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.