1/1 Photo of Dried Cranberry, Walnut, and Lemon Scones
Original recipe from Bon Appétit, November 2005 by Jennifer Wickes, Pine Beach, NJ. Jennifer Wickes of Pine Beach, New Jersey, writes: "I grew up in Bermuda learning to make English sweets like these scones. You can adapt the recipe to any season by adding a different mix of berries and nuts. This combination is perfect for fall." Posted for ZWT6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice, divided
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 14.79 ml finely grated lemon peel
- 4.92 ml salt
- 177.44 ml chilled unsalted butter, diced
- 236.59 ml dried sweetened cranberries
- 118.29 ml coarsely chopped walnuts
- 118.29 ml chilled half-and-half, divided (or more if needed)
- 1Position rack in top third of oven; preheat to 375°F Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in bowl for glaze.
- 2Whisk flour, baking powder, lemon peel, salt, and 1 cup sugar in large bowl. Add chilled butter; using fingertips, rub in until coarse meal forms or use pastry cutter to cut in butter.
- 3Mix in cranberries and walnuts. Add 1/2 cup half and half and1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 4Toss with fork until dough comes together in moist clumps, adding more half and half if dough is dry.
- 5Gather dough into ball; divide in half. Press out each half on floured surface to 6-inch-diameter (1-inch-high) round.
- 6Cut each round into 6 wedges. Transfer to baking sheet; brush with glaze.
- 7Bake scones until golden and tester comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dried Cranberry, Walnut, and Lemon Scones
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.3
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 291.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 4.4 g