Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Also has cheeses, bacon and sliced almonds. From "Our Most Cherished Recipes" cookbook to support the fight against breast cancer. Sounds like a nice lunch.
- 1⁄2 head red leaf lettuce
- 1⁄2 head green leaf lettuce
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Wash and dry greens and tear into bite sized pieces, placing them into a large bowl.
- Add cheeses, cranberries, bacon, almonds and chicken.
- In a blender combine onion, sugar, mustard and red wine vinegar.
- Blend and slowly add oil until well mixed.
- Just before serving, pour dressing on salad and blend or serve on the side.
Excellent lunch salad. Added 2 cubed Granny Smith apples for texture. Definitely a keeper. Thanks Oolala.