This is a tasty treat from Martha Stewart Holiday Cookies 2005. It doesn't make a lot of cookies, but it's super easy.
- Preheat oven to 325F with rack in center.
- Put butter, sugar, vanilla, flour, and salt, in large mixing bowl. Stir together by hand until combined, but not creamy. Stir in dried cranberries.
- Press dough evenly into 8" square baking pan.
- Bake until firm and pale golden, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack about 20 minutes.
- Run knife around edges to loosen from pan and move to work surface, right side up.
- Cut out using cookie cutter, or cut in to squares using knife.