Recipe by Az B
This is a tasty treat from Martha Stewart Holiday Cookies 2005. It doesn't make a lot of cookies, but it's super easy.
Top Review by Katzen
Fantastic! I love how easy this is and how decadent the outcome is! I used a pastry cutter and cut the butter in until it resembled coarse meal or fine breadcrumbs. I love a recipe that inspires me to come up with alot of ideas, such as different dried fruit, nuts, chocolate, etc, as this one does - beautiful!! Thanks so much for posting this! Made for Top Favourites of 2009 Tag.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325F with rack in center.
- Put butter, sugar, vanilla, flour, and salt, in large mixing bowl. Stir together by hand until combined, but not creamy. Stir in dried cranberries.
- Press dough evenly into 8" square baking pan.
- Bake until firm and pale golden, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack about 20 minutes.
- Run knife around edges to loosen from pan and move to work surface, right side up.
- Cut out using cookie cutter, or cut in to squares using knife.