Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a tasty treat from Martha Stewart Holiday Cookies 2005. It doesn't make a lot of cookies, but it's super easy.
- Preheat oven to 325F with rack in center.
- Put butter, sugar, vanilla, flour, and salt, in large mixing bowl. Stir together by hand until combined, but not creamy. Stir in dried cranberries.
- Press dough evenly into 8" square baking pan.
- Bake until firm and pale golden, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack about 20 minutes.
- Run knife around edges to loosen from pan and move to work surface, right side up.
- Cut out using cookie cutter, or cut in to squares using knife.
Fantastic! I love how easy this is and how decadent the outcome is! I used a pastry cutter and cut the butter in until it resembled coarse meal or fine breadcrumbs. I love a recipe that inspires me to come up with alot of ideas, such as different dried fruit, nuts, chocolate, etc, as this one does - beautiful!! Thanks so much for posting this! Made for Top Favourites of 2009 Tag.
Very good. I like the fact that it makes a small amount. I made as directed. Mine baked in exactly 30 minutes. Thanks Az G. Made for Ausie Swap #27.
Made a double batch for a group I'm hosting tonight, & know they'll be a big success (I've already had 4 of them, so . . .)! Definitely worthy of the holiday gift basket, or company or the bake sale! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my swapmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #25]