Recipe by Bergy
Wonderful flavor combination and they look so attractive.Use unsweetened dried Cranberries or you may substitute dried tart cherries. This will make a lovely Thankgiving or Christmas dish. Original recipe from meals.com
Top Review by jeromesherri
I made this dish for our towns Christmas pot luck. I live in an old mining town and got great comments on it. To make it more as a dish than individual servings, I cut the squash up and just put the cramberries over it. I tripled the recipe with no problems.
- 2 acorn squash
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml unsweetened dried cranberries
- 29.58 ml brown sugar or 29.58 ml brown sugar substitute
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375f.
- Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds & fiber.
- Place cleaned squash cut side up in an oven proof dish. If they are a bit wobbly take a small slice off the bottom.
- Mix the butter, cranberries, sugar & cinnamon together, divide and place in each of the squash cavities.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until the squash is tender.The time will depend on the size of the squash.
- Uncover and broil 8" from broiler to give them a finished golden look - watch you do not burn them (this only takes apprx 10 minutes.