1/2 Photos of Dried Chili Chicken
From Tommy Tang's Modern Thai Cuisine. About this dish he says, "Simple to prepare when you're pressed for time but don't want to settle for the ordinary. I find something energizing about this dish -- but then I like it when my ears start smoking." Me, too! Try Lemon Grass Stock with this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 cup unsalted cashews, roasted
- 12 small chilies, dried whole
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili paste, roasted
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup scallion, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup lemon grass stock (see separate recipe for lemon grass stock) or 1/2 cup chicken stock (see separate recipe for lemon grass stock)
- 1 tablespoon thai sweet black bean sauce
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- 2Add garlic and saute until lightly browned, approximately 1 minute.
- 3Add chicken and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- 4Add cashews, dried chilies, and chili paste and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- 5Add all remaining ingredients and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dried Chili Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 687.1
- Calories from Fat 442
- Total Fat 49.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 107.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 38.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black bean sauce