Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of Cooking Light's Superfast recipes. Great for a lighter dinner or packed lunch.
- 59.14 ml slivered almonds (about 1 ounce)
- 59.14 ml plain fat-free yogurt
- 44.37 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World, the stuff in the jar that you keep in the fridge, not ground ginger)
- 0.59 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 177.44 ml thinly sliced celery
- 59.14 ml chopped red onion
- 59.14 ml dried cherries
- 59.14 ml golden raisin
- 226.79 g roast cooked turkey breast, chopped
- 4 whole wheat pita bread, cut in half (6 inch)
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add almonds, cook 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, ginger and crushed red pepper in a medium bowl. Add almonds, celery and next four ingredients (through turkey), stirring well to combine. Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture into each pita half.
This was absolutely delicious. This will be my turkey salad recipe from now on!!!!! A real keeper. I actually used dried cranberries instead of dried cherries but kept everything else the same. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.
This is so good, thank you for a great recipe. I think next time I will skip the pita bread and serve it on lettuce. I love the sweet and a little spice, great flavor!
This is a delicious and different way to make turkey salad... although I actually used chicken because that's what I had on hand! I also had to make a few other changes. I used soy yogurt and regular ground ginger because I could find any ginger in a jar at my tiny grocery store. I also omitted the onion and pepper flakes due to personal taste. Finally, I had to use dried cranberries because at the last minute I realized I had no cherries. I can't wait to try this again with the turkey and cherries, although it was excellent this way, too! I served it with couscous and it was a fantastic light dinner.