Recipe by LonghornMama
One of Cooking Light's Superfast recipes. Great for a lighter dinner or packed lunch.
Top Review by Why Me?
This was absolutely delicious. This will be my turkey salad recipe from now on!!!!! A real keeper. I actually used dried cranberries instead of dried cherries but kept everything else the same. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (about 1 ounce)
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World, the stuff in the jar that you keep in the fridge, not ground ginger)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 8 ounces roast cooked turkey breast, chopped
- 4 whole wheat pita bread, cut in half (6 inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add almonds, cook 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, ginger and crushed red pepper in a medium bowl. Add almonds, celery and next four ingredients (through turkey), stirring well to combine. Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture into each pita half.