Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love dried cherries and pasta salad. This recipe combines them both. I think it is yummy.
Make and share this Dried Cherry-Nut Chicken Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesweetened dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse with cold water and drain again.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pasta, chicken, celery, and cherries; stir to mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, add the dressing ingredients.
- Using a whisk, stir until well blended.
- Pour dressing over the salad; toss gently.
- Add almonds and fold in gently.
Really good! I used sweetened, dried cranberries in an effort to imitate a pasta salad I had at a restaurant. It came very close! I might try adding a little red onion the next time I make it, but the recipe doesn't really need any tweaks.
This is a winner! Made for a light dinner this past Friday and even my 14 year old DSS enjoyed it. Minor changes were: used 4 TBS of vinegar (better balance of sweet/sour for us); used rainbow twist pasta since that was what was on hand; used toasted chopped pecans rather than almonds. But even without the nuts this salad has a lovely flavor. Fact is I made a second batch tonight, per request of my dear fiancé, for tomorrow's lunch.