Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Dried Cherry-Lemon Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar, lemon peel, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut in butter, using pastry blender, until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Stir in enough buttermilk so dough leaves side of bowl and forms a ball.
- Stir in cherries.
- Onto a greased cookie sheet, drop dough by about 1/3 cupfuls about 1 inch apart.
- Brush with milk.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until light brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- Serve warm or cool.