1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces bacon
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 apples, minced
- 1 cup dried cherries or 1 cup raisins or 1 cup dried cranberries, soaked in bourbon
- 1/4 cup minced fresh herb (parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme)
- 12 cups bagged bread stuffing mix (include at least of 6 cups corn bread stuffing)
- water or chicken broth or turkey broth
- black pepper
- 1Saute bacon in large frying pan until fat is rendered, but the bacon is not quite crisp.
- 2Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; chop when cool.
- 3Remove excess fat from pan (or substitute cooking oil or margarine for a lighter version) and saute vegetables until soft.
- 4Add apples, cherries and herbs and toss briefly over medium heat.
- 5Mix vegetables, bacon and breads together in a large bowl and add enough water or stock to moisten and bind all of the ingredients.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Place mixture in a well-buttered baking dish, cover and bake in 325-degree oven for 50 minutes.
- 8Leave uncovered for last 10 minutes to brown slightly.
- 9Note: 1 cup toasted pecans can be added to this stuffing for an added Southern accent.
- 10Add with the apples, cherries and herbs.
- 11A 16 ounce bag of stuffing bread crumbs equals 3 cs.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dried Cherry Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 172.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: