Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Excellent in place of canned cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried tart cherries
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries
- Place juice concentrate, water, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks and allspice in a sauce pan over med to high heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add cherries and cook for 2 minutes. Add cranberries and cook until cranberries pop, stirring occasionally, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Place mixture in a bowl and chill 8 hours or over night.
- Before serving take out cinnamon sticks and discard.
- You can serve it cold or slightly warmed.
Wow! What a find. Made this for Thanksgiving and everyone raved!! I love dried cherries and they mix well with the tartness of the cranberries. I did add a 1/4 cup of orange juice in place of some of the cranberry concentrate and really enjoyed the flavors. Thanks for sharing the recipe!