Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Something deliciously different to serve alongside a juicy chicken, turkey or pork roast.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries or 12 ounces frozen cranberries
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- Bring all ingredients to a boil and then lower heat to medium low.
- Simmer about 25-40 minutes or until relish is thick and syrupy.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, pressing it down onto the surface of the relish.
- Refrigerate for up to two weeks.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
This is absolutely wonderful! The only thing I changed is to decrease the sugar to 1/2 cup because I like it tart. I will even make it just for myself. Don't wait for the holidays!