Recipe by Mercy
The finished biscotti can be dipped halfway in melted semisweet chocolate to make them extra special!
Top Review by katsmutti
Very good! My mother-in-law lives in Michigan and sends me dried cherries several times a year. I have been searching for recipes to use them in- I will definitely make these again.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup dried cherries, chopped (less than a 3-ounce package)
- 1 cup ground almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease one cookie sheet (spray oil works well for this).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until dough is formed.
- Stir in cherries and almonds.
- Turn the dough out on lightly floured surface and knead several times. Using the greased cookie sheet as a surface, divide the dough in half and form into two flat logs about 9 inches long and 3 inches wide.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Let cool directly on the baking sheet resting on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to 325°F.
- On a cutting board, cut the logs on the diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
- Put back into oven for 5 minutes.
- Turn over and bake 5 more minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool on baking rack.
- Store in airtight container.