Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Out of this world. I did a trial run before Christmas and knew I'd never make another stuffing...it's just that good. I ate the leftovers as a main dish and they didn't last long. My guests at Christmas dinner loved it!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes and toasted (10 cups)
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 3⁄4 lb Italian sausage, casings removed,cooked and crumbled (I use sweet, not hot)
- 3⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the celery and onions until translucent; about 5-7 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the celery and onions with the bread, cherries, sausage, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add the broth and stir well until combined.
- Loosely stuff the mixture into your turkey just before roasting.
- Cover and bake any unused stuffing in a 325 oven for 1 hour; uncover and bake another 15 minutes.
- NOTE: I baked the whole pan separately and also made it the day before- it still turned out great!