1/1 Photo of Dried Cherry and Almond Scones
Charlotte J's Note:
An early moring sunrise with a cup of tea and a dried cherry and almond scone starts the moring off right.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup Splenda granular, no calorie artificial sweetener
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1Prehear oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a cookie sheet or jellyroll pan with baking spray and set aside.
- 3Mix the egg and egg white together in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Add canola oil, splenda granular, buttermilk, almond extract and nonfat dry milk.
- 5Stir well.
- 6Add baking powder, baking soda and flour.
- 7Mix until just blended.
- 8Add dried cherries and stir until blended.
- 9Spoon 12 evenly sized mounds of batter onto the prepared baking sheet.
- 10Lightly sprinkle with sugar, if using.
- 11Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- 12Best if served while still warm.
- 13Scones freeze well and can be microwaved.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dried Cherry and Almond Scones
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.7
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.7 mg
- Sodium 122.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: