Recipe by MarieRynr
These scones use dried blueberries, but you could substitute them with dried cherries or even cranberries if you wanted to.
Top Review by buttersmom91
I had never baked scones before, but I had all of the ingredients on hand and just had to try them. I am really pleased with how they turned out. Light, sweet, and very tasty. Thanks MarieAlice!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup dried blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat theoven to 350*F.
- whisk the flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 2/3 of the milk, egg and almond extract and stir until smooth. Stir in the blue berries and almonds.
- Roll or pat the dough into a disk of medium thickness on a llightly floured surface. Cut into 10 equal wedges. Arrange on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush the tops with the remaining milk.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until light brown. Serve warm.