Recipe by Rita~
My Herbes De Provence and Oven Dried Onion / Garlic Flakes inspired me to make this recipe. Flavored with wonderful herbs, onion and garlic (a whole bulb not a garlic clove. Great for making Rosemary Roast beef or on roast chicken, roasted veggies, fries or top a baked Italian bread before baking. Add to a bowl of extra virgin olive oil for dipping. Remove tough stems from all the herbs and discard or save for a fire place or smoking foods. I air dried my garden herbs but you can oven dry them as well. The time for cooking is the drying of the onions and garlic. Garlic will dry quicker so watch them.
- 6 sprigs thyme, air dried
- 3 sprigs rosemary (each 10 inch long air dried)
- 1⁄4 cup lavender
- 3 bay leaves, crumbled fine
- 1 sweet onion, oven dried
- 1 head garlic, whole bulb oven dried
- 1 dried chili
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble and mix all the ingredients together pulses in a mini processor or coffee grinder.
- Place in airtight jars and out of heat and light.
- Season any meat.
- Add to olive oil for a tasty sauce to dip into.
- Or top a bread before baking.
- Store in a dark jar out of sunlight.