Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've been making this for years. The recipe came from one of the military wives that we were stationed with well over 40 years ago. I'm not fond of the Rye Krisp crackers -- unless I have this spread -- then I could eat the whole box! Note that the prep time does not include the 6-8 hours this spread should sit in the fridge before using.
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup chopped stuffed green olive
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (3 ounce) jar dried beef, chopped
- rye crisp (crackers)
- Soak the minced onion in the sherry.
- Meanwhile, stir together the cream cheese, green olives, mayonnaise, and chopped dried beef.
- Add the onions and sherry mixture. Stir well.
- Serve on Rye Krisp crackers.
- Best of made 6 to 8 hours ahead of time.