Prep 35 mins
Cook 50 mins
Casserole using dried beef, elbow macaroni and cheddar cheese.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of frozen baby sweet peas
- 1 (25 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar dried beef, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- Place eggs in medium saucepan; cover with cold water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes. Drain immediately and run cold water over the eggs to stop the cooking. Peel the eggs and finely chop.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F and spray 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large saucepan, cook macaroni to desired doneness as directed on package.
- Drain and return to saucepan. Add the chopped cooked eggs and all the remaining ingredients to cooked macaroni; stir gently to mix.
- Pour into casserole dish sprinkle with paprika. Cover and bake at 350°F for 40 to 50 minutes or until bubbly.
I tossed this together and put it all in my crockpot on low. It was a wonderful dinner when I got home. Thank you for sharing! I used to have something like this when I was younger, and it's good comfort food.