Recipe by RN@the120
My Air Force Son loves "Pickle Roll Ups." This involves a slice of Buddig dried beef,spread with a thin layer of cream cheese. A pickle spear is placed on one end & the beef is rolled around the pickle. Then the rollup is sliced into 1" pieces. The last Thanksgiving he was home with his family was 1997 & I spent hours on those crazy rollups. They were all gone in about 15 minutes. NO MORE! This was my answer & he loves this spread. Happy Thanksgiving Jer. Love & Miss you.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (light is ok)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (light is ok)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups dill pickles, chopped (use whole Kosher dills)
- 6 ounces dried beef (3 of the 2 ounce pkg of Buddig)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (more to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop dill pickles into pieces slightly larger than pickle relish, about 1/4". Measure 1 1/2 cups & set aside.
- Use a knife to cut dried beef into pieces, about 1/2". Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, onion & garlic powder. Process til smooth.
- Scrape into large bowl & stir in rest of ingredients.
- Chill til ready to serve.
- Serve with Ritz crackers.
- I don't recommend putting pickles & beef in processor because this dip needs the chunky texture.
- Servings/yield are not exact.