Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Had this at a friends once and loved it. i serrve it at home gatherings. I love it on waverly crackers and ritz type crackers.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 green onions (minced)
- 1 teaspoon divided Accent seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) jar dried beef, rinsed with warm water, drained well and chop well
- Mix ingredients together using half of the beef.
- Taste, add more accent if needed a little at a time.
- Then forml into a ball.
- roll the ball in the rest of the beef.
- Refrigerate until firm about a hour.
- Serve with crackers.
- **Verygood with low fat cream cheese.
- this recipe makes a small ball.
- If doubling cream cheese just save 1/4 of the meat for outside.
- **easierrolling-You may also want to let the ball firm up in fridge before placing meat on the outside.
This was a classic my grandmother made and my husband's family made it for holidays as well. I won't share what his 'darling' brother refers to it as though he will eat it right up! This is an easy cheese ball to make and it's savory and creamy. I've been known to add a bit of roasted garlic to it and that nutty sweetness just rounds out the flavors.
I make this every Christmas. I add a TBSP. or so of horseradish
This is referred to as "THE" cheese ball in our house, no need to make any other kind. When my daughter lived in SoCal, she couldn't find dried beef, so I had to mail it to her! I don't rinse my beef, but do cut down on the MSG. We like salty!