Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adopted recipe that received rave reviews when I tested it at a local party. I served it with Triscuits, as it is a hearty dip and needs a sturdy cracker.
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar dried beef, finely chopped
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped (i like a lot of onion in mine)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sour cream (add enough to make a creamy consistency)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder, i just keep sprinkling and mixing until i get the flavor desired
- Mix everything together with a mixer, serve with Wheat thins or Triscuits.
This is mandatory for my Xmas Open House. Sometimes I replace garlic powder with fresh garlic, finely chopped and slightly sauted. Have seen similar recipe that also had 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans. Thinned it a tad with alittle milk. I serve it warm.
Great as a cheese ball - just omit the sour cream! Also good if you add a can of chopped black olives and some chopped, sauteed mushrooms - yummy!
This was a great, easy recipe! I cut up plain bagels to dip in it and it was perfect. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because I thought it was waaaayyyy too garlicy (and I LOVE garlic). Next time, I would add about a tsp. of garlic. Then it is a 5 star recipe for sure!!