Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple and elegant hors d'oeuvres. Gourmet Magazine, Sept 1999 -Found at Epicurious.com
Make and share this Dried Apricots With Goat Cheese and Pistachios recipe from Food.com.
- 150 dried apricot halves (2 lb.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups shelled pistachios, 1/2 of them toasted
- 1 lb soft mild goat cheese, chilled
- Toss apricots with juice and let stand, tossing occasionally, 20 minutes until softened.
- Chop pistachios and season with salt. Drain apricots, cut sides up, on paper towels. Top each with a small chunk of cheese and sprinkle with nuts.
I scaled this recipe way back to serve as an appetizer for our Easter dinner. These little nuggets were very much enjoyed. I believe my apricots were whole (the package did not specify). I do think the balance of flavors would be better using apricot halves. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014.