Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These look pretty on a hors d'oeuvres platter, and they taste wonderful.
- 64 pecans or 64 walnut halves
- 1 cup cambozola cheese or 1 cup gorgonzola
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb dried apricot halves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced fine
- Stir nuts in a small frying pan over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes.
- Pour from pan and cool.
- In a small bowl or food processor, beat or process cheeses and pepper.
- Spread equal amounts of cheese mixture on each apricot half.
- Press a nut onto cheese.
- Press cheese-side down into minced parsley.
- Serve cheese-side up on a platter.
I was looking for an easy recipe to take to a Christmas party and let me tell you this was a big hit. The room was literally buzzing about these tasty little delights. Easy, pretty, fast. The only comment I have to add was that I had a lot of cheese spread left over. My 1 lb package of apricots had 56 apricots in it. (OK ...I ate a few). After preparing the 56 pieces I ended up with quite a bit of the cheese mixture left over. Next time, I think I would make 2/3 of the amount of the cheese mixture required. This recipe was appreciated by the gluten free people at the party. A well deserved 5 stars. Thanks Mary.
I have made this several times and it has been a hit each time. They are easy to make and can be made ahead of time, so no last minute rush. I did not bother toasting the nuts after the first time, and they tasted fine.
These are gorgeous and so tasty! They were a big hit at my cocktail party!