Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have found my beloved recipe book. Here is the correct recipe, in case you have tried this before and it went wrong because of my mistakes :-0
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 cup dried powdered milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut, for rolling
- Place apricots and sultanas in saucepan with water and honey, simmer til half liquid evaporated. Do not drain.
- Add remaining ingredients except coconut; mix well.
- Divide mixture into 3.
- Shape into logs, 15 cm long.
- Roll in coconut (easier don on plastic wrap and logs wrapped in plastic wrap).
- Chill 2 hours before slicing.
I do enjoy the combo of raisins & apricots, & these little tasties are right in there! Easy to make & very enjoyable! Yet another another goodie that will add greatly to my finger food counter, but I'll be making them as much for myself as for others! Thanks for posting this great recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #39]
hahahaha, you are right, this doesnt work. BUT I added it to some weetbix, SR flour, and 1/2 cup water. baked for 20 mins. very very good. looks healthy even :)