Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Handle this rice with care; it's quite addictive.
Make and share this Dried Apricot Pine Nut Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup converted rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add onions and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until it is softened; add rice and continue cooking and stirring for one minute.
- Add salt, water and broth; bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook 18-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add the apricots, fluff the rice with a fork and let stand, covered, off the heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in pine nuts, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.