1/2 Photos of Dried Apricot Chutney With Star Anise
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe comes from the online homecooking.about.com site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup vinegar (any kind)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar (or honey or other sweetener)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 3 star anise
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled, minced or 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 20 dried apricots (quartered or diced smaller)
- 1Combine all ingredients except apricots in small saucepan & turn heat to medium.
- 2Bring to boil, stirring occasionally, then lower heat & cook 5 minutes.
- 3Add apricots & continue to cook until only a SMALL amount of liquid is left.
- 4If mixture is not 'jammy' or apricots not quite tender, add a little more water & cook some more.
- 5Taste & adjust seasoning as necessary ~ add more of any ingredient desired.
- 6Use within 3-4 days & serve, hot, warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dried Apricot Chutney With Star Anise
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: