Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
You'll never buy pimiento cheese again! If you want a milder version, omit the cayenne pepper. Everyone asks for this very easy recipe. Try this in a grilled cheese sandwich! YUM.
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I use 1/4 cup)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon distilled vinegar
- Chop pimientos into small pieces, or pulse in a food processor.
- In small bowl, stir all ingredients until well mixed.
- OR put all ingredients into a food processor, and pulse until well-blended and pimientos are in small pieces.
- Serve on crackers, with celery, or make pimiento cheese sandwiches!
- NOTE: Using 1/4 cup mayonnaise makes a rather stiff spread which we like.
- You may prefer to add up to 1/2 cup mayonnaise to get the spreading consistency you like.
Fantastic!!!! I used the fancy shredded cheese for a finer texture and I couldn't be more pleased. This whips up in a jiffy and is absolutely addicting! We had it on crackers, cold on a sliced bagette and we also broiled a few. OK, to be honest we can't keep our hands away from it! Thanks Beachgirl! This is destined to become a staple in our household!
I made this spread for my husband's lunch the other day. Usually he hates pimento and cheese sandwhiches ,but he ate these and commented on how good they were. For that reason I have to give this recipe a five.
Truly an excellent recipe. I tried it for my first spread a few months back as I was having trouble finding a good spread in the store. Great job!