Recipe by Debbie Macy
Really easy dish to prepare. Looks harder than it is. Came from my son (Drew) who is a Chef. This recipe is a favorite with friends and family. May be made ahead of time and then just heated through. It makes great left-overs as well.
Top Review by Bob Jr
Great recipe. Easy to prepare with a good flavor from the curry. I added a little Half & Half to create a slightly thinner sauce. It took about 45 min to get well melted. It is good reheated (covered)in an oven.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (Boned and Skinless)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 22 ounces sour cream
- 1 -2 lb fresh broccoli or 1 -2 lb asparagus (or enough to cover the bottom of your pan, May use frozen,but it is just not the same)
- 1 tablespoon curry (More or less according to taste)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb grated cheese (, Either Colby-Jack, Cheddar, or Swiss will work,or combine them)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Cream of Chicken soup, sour cream, curry, pepper, and about 1/2 of the cheese in a large bowl.
- Fry chicken breast until golden and done.
- Cut fried chicken in to 1/2 inch strips and set aside.
- Steam broccoli or asparagus until tender then line the bottom of 9x13x2 baking dish with the broccoli or asparagus.
- Then place cut chicken on top of broccoli or asparagus and cover with the soup and sour cream sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Cook in 375 oven until cheese has melted and dish is heated through.
- Serve with rice.