Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
A few pantry ingredients nicely season these broiled steaks that are accented with extra Catalina salad dressing.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless beef top sirloin steaks
- 3⁄4 cup Catalina dressing, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, oregano and pepper. Rub over both sides of steaks. Brush with 1/4 cup salad dressing. Place on a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 inches from heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Serve with the remaining dressing.
I made this in order to use some Catalina dressing I was doing a product test on, so my results might not be typical. I really enjoyed the spice mixture on the steaks. My particular product sample seemed overly runny, so I don't believe any actually stayed on the steaks during broiling. However, I did serve with the extra dressing and I enjoyed the flavor. (The flavor of my sample seemed like regular Catalina dressing.) I would never have thought of this combination, but I believe I will try it again.