Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
In honor of SPAM's Birthday -- this recipe is a "hand-me-down" from my Granny. Try it - I think you will be surprised it is really tasty and kid's like to help put it together....
- 1 can Spam
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices, drain & reserve juice
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Slice SPAM into 6 even pieces, set aside.
- Stir together mustard, 2 Tablespoons of pineapple juice, cloves and black pepper in a small bowl.
- In a shallow plate mix together crushed corn flakes and brown sugar.
- Coat slices of SPAM with mustard mixture and dip in corn flakes, coat both sides well, place in a shallow baking pan, that has been lightly oiled (or use cooking spray).
- Top each piece of SPAM with a pineapple slice, pour the rest of the pineapple juice in the bottom of baking pan.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes- till pineapple and corn flakes begin to brown.
Glad your Granny handed this one down to you. Good comfort food and very easy to make. I happened to have a couple of burger buns about to go stale and wanted to use them up, so I grilled them and served the Spam on top of it. Can see why kids would love this one.