Recipe by JelloJane
In honor of SPAM's Birthday -- this recipe is a "hand-me-down" from my Granny. Try it - I think you will be surprised it is really tasty and kid's like to help put it together....
Top Review by Clifford Boren
Glad your Granny handed this one down to you. Good comfort food and very easy to make. I happened to have a couple of burger buns about to go stale and wanted to use them up, so I grilled them and served the Spam on top of it. Can see why kids would love this one.
- 1 can Spam
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices, drain & reserve juice
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice SPAM into 6 even pieces, set aside.
- Stir together mustard, 2 Tablespoons of pineapple juice, cloves and black pepper in a small bowl.
- In a shallow plate mix together crushed corn flakes and brown sugar.
- Coat slices of SPAM with mustard mixture and dip in corn flakes, coat both sides well, place in a shallow baking pan, that has been lightly oiled (or use cooking spray).
- Top each piece of SPAM with a pineapple slice, pour the rest of the pineapple juice in the bottom of baking pan.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes- till pineapple and corn flakes begin to brown.