Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A different take on the usual way of serving Spaghetti Squach
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 asparagus spears, cut into diagonal pieces
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds.
- Place squash cut-side down in a baking dish; pour 1/4 cup water into dish; cover with clear wrap.
- Microwave for 7 - 10 minutes until tender; remove from water and let cool enough to handle.
- With tines of a fork, scoop out pulp; transfer to medium bowl.
- Heat oil in skillet; add green onions and garlic, cook over low heat, stirring frequently for 1 minute.
- Add broth, marjoram and lemon zest; bring to a boil.
- Add asparagus and peas; simmer covered 2 minutes.
- Stir in cooked squash and lemon juice; cook, occasionally stirring gently until heated through, about 3 minutes.