Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My sister turned me on to this wonderful way to dress up canned baked or barbeque beans (and she nabbed it from our cousin). They are delightful, and such an easy way to make canned taste homemade. I love to serve these with barbequed meat, and either cold slaw or potatoe salad. This recipe can easily be adjusted to serve the number of people in your party. You can also add more or less brown sugar, depending on how much sweetness you prefer.
- 1 -2 can bush baked beans (the size of the cans and the number of cans will be based on the number of people you are serving)
- 2 -5 slices bacon, cooked and crumpled
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced jalapenos
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon brown sugar (adjust sweetness level to taste)
- Place beans in saucepan.
- Add diced jalapenos, with juice (add as much juice as you prefer, based on how spicy you want it).
- Add bacon and brown sugar.
- Stir well.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down heat to simmer.
- Simmer for one hour, or more.
Yummy! I never would have though to add jalapeÃ±os to jazz up canned beans but they made a very nice addition. I used pickled jalapeÃ±os and skipped the sugar as the beans I had were sweet enough for my taste as they were. Thanks for the nice addition to my dinner!