Green beans were never a favorite vegetable of mine, until I tasted this version of them. Try to use fresh green beans, but frozen will work in a pinch. This is wonderful with asparagus also!
- Wash beans, trim ends and remove strings.
- Combine beans and water in a dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil.
- cover, reduce heat and simmer 6 to 8 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain beans and set aside.
- Saute mushrooms and next 7 ingredients in oil in a Dutch oven.
- Stir in beans and cook until thoroughly heated.
- sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.