Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Green beans were never a favorite vegetable of mine, until I tasted this version of them. Try to use fresh green beans, but frozen will work in a pinch. This is wonderful with asparagus also!
- Wash beans, trim ends and remove strings.
- Combine beans and water in a dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil.
- cover, reduce heat and simmer 6 to 8 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain beans and set aside.
- Saute mushrooms and next 7 ingredients in oil in a Dutch oven.
- Stir in beans and cook until thoroughly heated.
- sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
This is a tantalizing inexpensive sidedish that works well for potluck suppers and for company dinners. A little roasted garlic "kicked it up" for my family.
Loved these beans - I cooked the beans in the AM got everything else ready and then just before dinner did steps 8, 9 and 10 - this recipe adds a new dimension to one o my favorite veggies Thanks yooper
This is a fabulous way to cook green beans. I used Italian flat green beans that I got from the Farmer's Market. The mild flavor of the beans went very well with the other vegetables and Italian seasonings. Thanks for sharing this as my whole family enjoyed it.