Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a ground beef casserole that gets a little pizzaz by using cream cheese, but it is kept basic by the biscuit topping. This is quick and easy, especially if you use refrigerated biscuits. I prefer to use homemade or Mary B's frozen biscuits, thawed....I just don't like refrigerated biscuits. But to make this quick and easy, I've included it in the ingredient list.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits or 1 (10 ounce) canfresh biscuits, to cover
- Brown ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet, stirring until meat crumbles; drain and set aside.
- Combine soup and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Add reserved ground beef misture and stir well. Place in a lightly greased 2 quart casserole. Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Place biscuits on top of ground beef mixture. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are done.
Made this for company the other day & it was very satisfying! I did have a huge clove of garlic that I used, substituted cream of vegetable soup for the mushroom kind, & seasoned it with a bit of lemon pepper! Oh, yes, I also increased the amount of ketchup a bit & added a 'shot' of Dijon honey mustard as well! Great recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]
Great and easy recipe! :) I used Specialty Soup Substitutes - Cream for the soup and substituted Cavender's Greek seasoning for the salt both seasoning part of meat after draining and then with the mixture. I also made my own biscuits on top! Thank you for sharing!! :)
This recipe is so great when I need something to just whip together. We usually have all the ingredients on hand. I did add a little extra ketchup to it for more flavor. My husband loves it.