Recipe by breezermom
This is a ground beef casserole that gets a little pizzaz by using cream cheese, but it is kept basic by the biscuit topping. This is quick and easy, especially if you use refrigerated biscuits. I prefer to use homemade or Mary B's frozen biscuits, thawed....I just don't like refrigerated biscuits. But to make this quick and easy, I've included it in the ingredient list.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this for company the other day & it was very satisfying! I did have a huge clove of garlic that I used, substituted cream of vegetable soup for the mushroom kind, & seasoned it with a bit of lemon pepper! Oh, yes, I also increased the amount of ketchup a bit & added a 'shot' of Dijon honey mustard as well! Great recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits or 1 (10 ounce) canfresh biscuits, to cover
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet, stirring until meat crumbles; drain and set aside.
- Combine soup and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Add reserved ground beef misture and stir well. Place in a lightly greased 2 quart casserole. Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Place biscuits on top of ground beef mixture. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are done.