Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my friendly bartender at the pub I frequented in Seoul. His were latka style potatoes, but mine didn't turn out that way. LOL Regardless, I found a great way to make some very tasty fried potatoes. Cooking time does not include cooling potatoes in the fridge.
- Boil potatoes with skin on until tender.
- Drain and place in fridge until completely cool, about 2-3 hours.
- When they are somewhat cooled, you can cut them into thirds to speed up cooling process.
- Chop onions and mushrooms in food processor.
- Once the potatoes are completely cool, either put through rice mill or shred in food processor.
- Using scissors, cut bacon into small bite sized pieces, fry til almost crisp in a deep non-stick skillet.
- Without removing bacon or the fat, add onions and mushrooms, mixing well and cook til translucent.
- Add shredded potatoes and fry, stirring frequently until heated through.
- Cooking time does not include cooling potatoes in the fridge.
I made these potatoes tonight along with carla's chicken dish Honey Dijon Mustard Chicken With Apricot and they were both wonderful.
These were a real treat, making an ordinary meal seem extra special. I love to have recipes that have a head start for those busy days. Quick, easy and tastes great. Thanks for posting, Gerry.
Yum! This is a delicious recipe and I love making the potatoes ahead and putting them in the refigerator. Makes for quicker preparation at mealtime. I used one small onion and found it to be plenty. Otherwise, made as stated. Thanks, Cathy.