Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Stick a couple of baked potatoes in the oven and toss a salad, and you have a great meal. I found this in Taste Of Home magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting this for safe keeping.
- 20 ounces Cornish hens
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place Cornish hen in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half of the marinade over hen; seal bag and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning several times. Refrigerate the remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place hen, skin side up, in a greased 9-inch square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 30 minutes. Baste with reserved marinade. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180. Cut in half to serve.
I made this today after letting the hen marinade for 2 days, not on purpose, but thats how it worked out. The hen was darkish when I removed it from the marinade and was afraid that it was ruined. Went ahead and baked it with Garlic Hasselback Potatoes With Herbed Sour Cream, for one hour. It was done, moist and delicious! Thanks internetnut for sharing.