Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Stick a couple of baked potatoes in the oven and toss a salad, and you have a great meal. I found this in Taste Of Home magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting this for safe keeping.
- 20 ounces Cornish hens
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place Cornish hen in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half of the marinade over hen; seal bag and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning several times. Refrigerate the remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place hen, skin side up, in a greased 9-inch square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 30 minutes. Baste with reserved marinade. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180. Cut in half to serve.
I made this today after letting the hen marinade for 2 days, not on purpose, but thats how it worked out. The hen was darkish when I removed it from the marinade and was afraid that it was ruined. Went ahead and baked it with Recipe#303831, for one hour. It was done, moist and delicious! Thanks internetnut for sharing.