Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is much better than simply warming canned black-eyed peas with meat.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 3 (16 ounce) cans black-eyed peas
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped ham (or 1/2 cup chopped, cooked bacon)
- 1 minced garlic clove
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Saute onion and celery in oil until tender.
- In a baking dish, combine cooked onion, cooked celery, bell pepper, peas, tomatoes, ham (or bacon), garlic, and salt/pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees F.