Recipe by Stoblogger
Make ordinary canned or fresh carrots special by preparing this spiffy little side dish for anytime of the year; winter holidays, Easter, or lazy Sunday dinners.
- 453.59 g bag baby carrots, whole
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml butter, use the real thing
- 0.25 ml salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Use either a bag of whole baby carrots from the produce section or 2 15 ounce cans of sliced carrots.
- Add carrots to a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat.
- Quickly add the butter and brown sugar and toss the carrots in the melting butter.
- Just when they begin to bubble, reduce to low heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remember, sugar can scorch quickly, so stir occasionally and keep the heat low.