Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make ordinary canned or fresh carrots special by preparing this spiffy little side dish for anytime of the year; winter holidays, Easter, or lazy Sunday dinners.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag baby carrots, whole
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, use the real thing
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- Use either a bag of whole baby carrots from the produce section or 2 15 ounce cans of sliced carrots.
- Add carrots to a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat.
- Quickly add the butter and brown sugar and toss the carrots in the melting butter.
- Just when they begin to bubble, reduce to low heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remember, sugar can scorch quickly, so stir occasionally and keep the heat low.
What a great and simple recipe. I was short on time so used canned baby carrots. So simple and good. Thanks for sharing this keeper. Made for Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.