Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 18 mins
Cook 15 mins
This original idea came from another website for weight control. I did not like some of the ingredients and wound up making so many changes that it has become my own recipe.
- 2 (8 -12 ounce) turkey breast tenderloins
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- salt & fresh ground pepper (optional)
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth (homemade best)
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
- Cut a horizontal slit into each tenderloin center. Go deep but do not cut through the other side.
- Mix together the next 6 ingredients, add salt and pepper to taste. Stuff into slit pockets.
- Spray a nonstick large skillet lightly with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, brown turkey on both sides. Add broth, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Continue simmering until cooked through.
- Remove turkey to plate and tent with foil to maintain warmth.
- Increase heat under skillet and cook broth about 3 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Remove skillet from heat source and whisk in sour cream and lemon juice.
- Drizzle sauce over sliced tenderloins.
- Goes well with couscous and carrots.