Happy Harry #2's Note:
This original idea came from another website for weight control. I did not like some of the ingredients and wound up making so many changes that it has become my own recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 -12 ounce) turkey breast tenderloins
- 1/4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- salt & fresh ground pepper (optional)
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth (homemade best)
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1Cut a horizontal slit into each tenderloin center. Go deep but do not cut through the other side.
- 2Mix together the next 6 ingredients, add salt and pepper to taste. Stuff into slit pockets.
- 3Spray a nonstick large skillet lightly with cooking spray.
- 4Over medium heat, brown turkey on both sides. Add broth, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Continue simmering until cooked through.
- 5Remove turkey to plate and tent with foil to maintain warmth.
- 6Increase heat under skillet and cook broth about 3 minutes or until reduced by half.
- 7Remove skillet from heat source and whisk in sour cream and lemon juice.
- 8Drizzle sauce over sliced tenderloins.
- 9Goes well with couscous and carrots.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dressed Turkey Tenderloins
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.4
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 267.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free ricotta cheese
fat free cream cheese