Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from "Company's Coming for Christmas". We really like it as one of our veggies with Christmas dinner.
- 59.14 ml water
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 1020.58 g frozen peas
- Heat and mix all the sauce ingredients (except peas) in a saucepan.
- Stir until it boils and thickens slightly.
- Cook peas according to instructions on the package.
- Drain peas; add sauce to warm peas, mix and serve.
- Peas may also be served as a cold vegetable.
This is easy, elegant and delicious. I am going to try the sauce on other veggies.
Nice delicate sauce. I used frozen mixed vegetables because they were the only frozen vegetables that I had. The family gave their stamp of approval.
Very nice. Served these with pork chops and boiled rice.