Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can use all lemon juice, all balsamic or all red wine vinegar, if you choose.
Make and share this Dressed Pasta, Peas and Ham recipe from Food.com.
- 3 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (Can also use red wine vinegar.)
- good pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup cooked ham, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- salt and pepper
- Bring four cups of water to a boil. When water boils, add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add pasta and cook for two minutes less than indicated on package.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, pepper, extra virgin olive oil and 1 Tablespoon of the parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Add peas and ham to pasta and continue cooking for two minutes.
- Drain well and turn into a bowl.
- Add olive oil dressing and mix well. Add salt and additional pepper, to taste. Top with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a thick slice of garlic bread.