Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can use all lemon juice, all balsamic or all red wine vinegar, if you choose.
- 3 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (Can also use red wine vinegar.)
- good pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup cooked ham, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- salt and pepper
- Bring four cups of water to a boil. When water boils, add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add pasta and cook for two minutes less than indicated on package.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, pepper, extra virgin olive oil and 1 Tablespoon of the parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Add peas and ham to pasta and continue cooking for two minutes.
- Drain well and turn into a bowl.
- Add olive oil dressing and mix well. Add salt and additional pepper, to taste. Top with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a thick slice of garlic bread.